Pollyanna.netRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
I don't know if anyone has already asked Pollyanna this but

Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General View previous topic
View next topic
I don't know if anyone has already asked Pollyanna this but
HeavenlyPurple

Post I don't know if anyone has already asked Pollyanna this but Reply with quote
I was wondering why she didn't like to be called Polly? I know Howie calls her that am I correct?

I remember hearing that she got teased alot when she was younger because of her name.. but I love her name! I was thinking I wanted to name my daughter that.. if I ever have kids! i/i

Jennifer
Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:24 am View user's profile Send private message
catsmeow071878

Post Re: I don't know if anyone has already asked Pollyanna this Reply with quote
awwwwwwww that is so sweet. Yes you are right that Howie calls her Polly. I have never ask her if she likes or dislikes being called that but I have just always called her Pollyanna and i do agree with you it's a beautiful name. Maybe only family can call her Polly. Who knows??

Cathy

catsmeow071878 i/i
Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Solcita

Post Re: I don't know if anyone has already asked Pollyanna this Reply with quote
The last time Pollyanna came to Argentina (as an opening act of the BSB) we had the chance to spend some time with her before she left our country and one of the questions we asked her was that.

Why does she hate to be called Polly?

Well apparentely the usual name for a parrot is "Polly" and she told us that when she was in school she thought it'd be cooler to make your name shorter, so she started introducing herself as "Polly" but her classmates would start tissing her about the name by singing "Polly wants a cookie" (that wasn't the exact word she sang, but I don't know how to write it LOL, but that was the point).. that's why she hates that name so much.

As soon as she could she started introducing herself as Pollyanna again, but as usual in families, they kept calling her Polly, that's why Howie calls her that...

SOL

i/i

Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
HeavenlyPurple

I have been thinking for awhile that was the reason.. My first thought when she said she didn't like it was becuase people used to say "polly wanna cracker?" i/i

Jennifer
Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Solcita

yeaaah that was the word!! Polly wants a cracker... I didn't know how to write that word... :P every day is a learning day huh?

Thanx

SOL i/i

Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
HeavenlyPurple

Well then I wouldn't want to be called that either then i/i

Jennifer
Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
julia

polina!!is like polly,pollyanna like our russian name.i think nice!! i/i
Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:45 am View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

YES SOL IM AGREE WITH U SHE TOLD ME THE SAME AND HOWIE CALL HER POLLY YES AND SHE SAY HES "BOBO" LOL i/i
Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fatimah E

Polly, Pollyanna, its a real beautiful name, how can anyone make fun of that? i/i
Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
julia

I AGREE WHITH YOU DEAR FATIMAH I THINK AND ANNA,ANECHKA ,ANJUTA -TOO BEAUTIFUL NAMES. i/i
Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: