Pollyanna.netRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Cathy's 2nd Annual DLF Bowl-a-Thon Review

Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » Events, Appearances and Experiences View previous topic
View next topic
Cathy's 2nd Annual DLF Bowl-a-Thon Review
BackstreetAmulet

Post Cathy's 2nd Annual DLF Bowl-a-Thon Review Reply with quote
Cathy's 2nd Annual DLF Bowl-a-thon
in Orlando, Florida

I'm writing this review for my friend Cathy who is not feeling to well lately. She's experiencing joint pain and fatigue, as you can imagine from the traveling. Also, she just got news that her Mother may have to have more back surgery....so please, keep Cathy and her Mom (Family) in your prayers.

I am writing this review from my point of view but, I talked
to Cathy on the phone lastnight (she'll be away from the internet
for a couple days, due to the heat in California!! What a mess
that is!! Her computer is acting loopy) and she told me some things that she wanted added in the review.

-Saturday, July 22nd, 2006: Hawaiian Theme

A very special, "Thank You" to everyone who participated in this years event. Alot of money was raised for DLF with your support
in attending, donations and raffles! Congratulations to all of
the winners! Way to go bowlers! God Bless all of the donators.
We couldn't have done without all of you. A HUGE, "THANK YOU"
to Mama D, Angie Herring and Pollyanna for all showing up at the event. I can't tell you how happy we all were to see them there! :)

We couldn't have asked for better weather for this years bowl-a-thon. We had some bowlers who were traveling, so that was very nice for them. The event was held at the Dowdy Bowling Pavillian. DLF bowlers were each issued a purple bowling bracelet and started bowling in the left side of the ally and each team was seperated by colors of lai's. Pollyanna bowled in the first lane with the lucky winners to bowl on her team: Britt, Maria, Su and Afifa. There were alot of high-fives going around and everyone did really well with bowling! Pollyanna is a competative bowler, so if you're ever bowling next to her, get your game on! She's Good! There were a couple of us AJ Fans bowling next to eachother and any time we bowled the score: "69" we "hit our AJ!" :) It was so nice to see faces with screen names and see new and "old" friends. The Dorough Family and Friends-- can't go wrong there!

While everyone bowled, Cathy sat with Angie and Mama D at the
raffle prize table and got caught up with current events and old times. Mama D talked to Cathy about the Lupus Support Groups here
in Orlando, Florida. Speaking of raffle prizes- the prizes this year were amazing! The T10-512MB MP3 Player was won by Mama D! AJ Fan, Annie won the AJ Caricature! Everyone at the event left with something! I won a photoball from Jan and the BEAUTIFUL Tanzanite Boxed Jewelry Set in 10K White Gold with Diamond Accents! (donated by Wendy Smock and ZALES.) Keep a look out for a DLF eBay hitting the internet soon! Some of the prizes won by the Dorough Family may show up there.

So, everyone bowled 2 exciting games (I got two STIKES, woohoo!!)
the raffle took place and then everyone walked around in stunning bowling shoes talking to one another. Goodie bags were handed out
at the beginning of the event, forgot to mention those-- My daughter, Jordan and I went to Afifa and Cathy's hotel the night before and helped put the goodie bags together. There were Pussycat Dolls CDs, lotion, gum, chapstick, candles, butterfly magnets, hawaiian straws, lai's, 1 raffle ticket, DLF Bracelets etc....the bags smelled
SO GOOD!! I don't know if it was the candles or the lotion, but
the smells were heavenly! The goodie bags had a handpainted female hawaiian dancer and a butterfly on them.

Later, alot of bowlers went to Howie's Nightclub, TABU to celebrate Cathy and Wendy's birthday's-- Happy Birthday! :) While some bowlers went to Hard Rock at Universal Citywalk for dinner. It was a great time. Plans are already in the making for Cathy's 3rd Annual DLF Bowl-a-thon, trust me, you DON'T want to miss this event next year!! ;)

xoxoxo-Laura

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/BrokAmulet/100_0176.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/BrokAmulet/100_0181.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/BrokAmulet/100_0180.jpg

-You can still purchase Pollyanna's CDs at Pollyanna.net

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BABYGURLIE73

Post THANK U LAURA 4 UR HELP W/REVIEW Reply with quote
HELLO EVERYONE,

THANKS TO LAURA TO POST TO THE REVIEW ABOUT MY BOWL-A-THON AND YES WE ARE ALREADY STARTING TO PLAN THE NEXT ONE FOR NEXT YEAR!!!! I JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I AM NOT GOING TO BE ON LINE LIKE LAURA SAID MY MOM IS NOT DOING GOOD AND RIGHT NOW I FEEL ALL MY JOINT PAINS AND REALLY STRESSED OUT DUE TO NEWS ABOUT MY MOM...YOU ASK LAURA I WAS MORE HAPPIER UP IN ORLANDO THEN WHEN I GOT HOME I GOT THE BOMB THAT MY MOM MIGHT NEED OTHER BACK SURGERY AND RIGHT NOW I AM JUST HURTING...I'LL BE BACK JUST KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS AND JUST KNOW FOR EVERYONE I THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!! I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS...ANGIE, POLLYANNA, AND MAMA D. THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMING UP IT WAS SO SWEET OF YOU...ANGIE IT WAS GOOD TO TALK TO YOU AND HAVING SOMEONE JUST LISTEN AND NOT JUDGE YOU ARE ALL LIKE THAT...THANKS AGAIN AND I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED EITHER BY LAURA OR AFIFA K...TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS

CATHY HERNANDEZ
BABYGURLIE73
Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BackstreetAmulet

Post Reply with quote
Alright, somethings loopy with the message board, I keep getting signed off....hmm...I have to re-type my post. Let me see if I can remember what I said, LOL!!

Cathy,

Yes, you were much happier in Florida. You seemed happy and healthy. It's funny that you would say that because my sister-in-law, who has kidney failure, also says she feels better in Florida. She's from Colorado, so I'm guessing the the altitude change from West to East? Keep your spirits up!!!!!! Pollyanna Smilie

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:01 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ivonne_Oblea

Post Reply with quote
Aww I wish I could were there! I saw the pics and read the review and I'm sure you guys had a blast. I send you a HUGE hug Cathy!

Ivonne

Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BABYGURLIE73

Post update on how my family is doing=*( Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

Well I know I haven't been online for a long while it's do to my family issues....My mom isn't doing so good and all the pressure is on me because I am younger and I can handle having a flare up and right now the blame is on me...See when my had her first problems with her back was about six years ago they removed a tumor and I just finished medical school and had a wonderful job waiting for me but I had to let pass because my mom came home from the hospital and since I was the one who went to medical school I took care of her and now that her tumor has came back the blame is on me one my family members told me well I guess who ever was taking care of mom didn't do a good job meaning ME!!!! I haven't been able to sleep I think I have gotten about counting last night about 8hrs asleep since I got home from Orlando...You know what gets me they can point the fingers but I didn't see any of my brothers and sisters give up anything on say "Hey Cat well help you with mom" Since I have same illness I should know how to make sure my mom stay well...Since I am young I fight better from the flare up with my lupus...Right now I feel so tried and alone...I haven't really talk to anyone just left message letting Afifa, Kym, Laura, and Wendy how I am doing and I can just say I am here and start to cry...Please keep my mom and me in your prayers and prayer this time when they remove the tumor they remove all of it and they do it right this time...Take care and god bless...

Cathy Hernandez
Babygurlie73
Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HeavenlyPurple

Post Reply with quote
Cathy, I've been keeping you in my thoughts since I heard you were not feeling well and I still am. It's not your fault , you did the best you can taking care of your mom and instead of everyone blaming it on you they should be helping. What happens if one of them gets sick and then they don't have anyone to take care of them, then they will know how you are feeling.

Jennifer
Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » Events, Appearances and Experiences All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: