Pollyanna.netRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The 2005 DLF Cruise Adventures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General View previous topic
View next topic
The 2005 DLF Cruise Adventures
IVONNE OBLEA

Post Re: My DLF Cruise "Review" :) Reply with quote
Ok! Finally here its my review As u know or maybe know lol I just travel to Calica so here its Enjoy it!

The trip to Calica seemed like an eternity! We didn't know the area and at one time I thought, "My Gosh, we passed it!" But, we were only half way there! We passed Playa Del Carmen and we saw the time was 11:00, that was the time we had to be in Calica! I was like, "NOOOOO!!" When we were getting off the bus, they closed the door on us! Then we were like, "I guess we can't do it now" so then we were like, "Okay, Calica, see you later!" Then, we thought about taking a taxi.

Jako was the second one to ask the driver if we were almost there. In the meantime we were practicing our choreography and listening to music! hahahaha And when the driver said, "Calica" I was like "AHHHHH!!! Where are we?" it seemed weird because it seemed like a wasteland. So I said, "Okay, now what?" So then we got off the bus and we asked the driver, "where do the Cruise ships dock?" He said, "That's where they come in and that's where they stop," and we were like, "okay." We got to the checkpoint building and they said, "No, it's not here, it's checkpoint building number one." I was like, "Thank You!" And then we started to walk, it was a short walk. It seemed like a long walk because we had so many gifts. And then the extremely hot sun didn't help us either!

When we got there, we didn't know how much further it was, so we decided to take a cab to get in to the port, but, we couldn't because of security. Calica is a private zone. Unless you're on a cruise ship, you can't get in. (following all the laws). We were like, "Noo!" It was almost 12:00, the time the ship was supposed to arrive! Inside, I was thinking, PLEASE, let them have gone to Cozumel because there, we could get in!! But, Vero said, "No, Ivonne, keep going this way!" I was like, "no, please because they wouldn't allow us to get in here."

They wouldn't let us in but we had talked to Pollyanna about meeting here at this location. So, we had to keep going!

What if she thinks we didn't come, would she be upset?

Time was flying and we were doing hundreds of things to try to let her know we were there. I remember that Diana scared us. LOL! and then, we started to see taxi's and buses full of people from the cruise ship. Then, all of the sudden... out came a taxi, and to the best of my memory Mel went by and Jako said, "Ivonne!!!" and Mel said, "Howie already left and Pollyanna is behind us." I was like, "Okay, Thank You!" To me it was like, "GO GIRLS!!"

I remember, my friends were telling me, "you carry the banners" I was like, "Noooooo!" (for those of you who do not know, we were outside of the taxi drop off with the Street Team banner for Pollyanna and another one with Sphynkter on it that says, "What the hell?") I didn't want to hold it in the daytime! But Jako was like, "come on! I'll help you!" I was like, "okay, lets go" and I said something like, "the way my luck is working Pollyanna should be here any minute!" Then, we all laughed because it was part of our mission. Then we were all having good conversations and saying bye to the tourists then, all of the sudden, we saw a white mini-van that was going kind of slow and I was like, "hmmmm?" because we didn't know who it was.

Then, if I can remember right, I said, "Jako, isn't that Pollyanna?" cause we saw people moving inside and the min-van was going slow and she was like, "is it, or not?"

And then, all of the sudden, someone got out of the mini-van and I threw down the banner and I said, "POLLYANNA!!!" Because it WAS POLLYANNA!

And then, I don't remember what she said, I just remember running towards her and she was running towards me. I remember it was like a movie because we were both running with our arms stretched out. I said, "Welcome Pollyanna!" and I hugged her and everything! (I'M REMEMBERING AND I FEEL LIKE CRYING!) Then, everyone else got there also and I turned to the other side and saw a girl getting out of the min-van and I said, "Is that Laura?" and I asked, "are you Laura?" and she said, "Yes!" I was like, "ahh, I'm Ivonne!" and we greeted eachother and everything. I gave her a hug because the day before, was her birthday.... and for whoever doesn't know who Laura is, she is Pollyanna's Assistant and Friend.

Then- Pollyanna told me that she'll ask the driver where they were going so that we could follow them. Then, I got closer (there was more people inside the van, but, I didn't know who they were) She said, "We're going to Playa del Carmen," I was like, "Okay!" then we wanted to get a taxi to follow Pollyanna. This took a while because there were not many taxi's available. When I got out of the taxi, I stood with Vero and Samantha waiting for the other in the group to arrive. Nan and the rest of our group were following Pollyanna.

It took us awhile to get another taxi, or at least it seemed like it to me. We were talking about how we could have lost Pollyanna in all of that. I sincerely didn't want to lose her even though we had already seen her.

We got to the beach where they were and Nan was already talking to her and I heard, "it's her" and someone pointed and I was like, "yes, it's me" but I didn't know what they were talking about. Pollyanna was waiting for us there looking beautiful. She had already autographed some things and the Street Team Banner. At this time, she spoke to Rox on the cell phone and everything! VERY COOL! I gave Laura a small gift that I'm hoping she liked. LOL She said they would be going to McDonalds, and I was like, "PERFECT!" and she introduced me to her parents and everything. Very Nice! On the road to McDonalds, we were talking about various things and I also remember a guy who saw Laura and said, "goodbye beautiful!" You know how the Mexicans are... I just laughed. I said, "Did you understand?" and she said, "No" so I told her what he had said and she said, "oh" and she began to laugh, it was so cool.

Getting to McDonalds started a meet and greet. It was more than an hour, or something like that. I didn't keep track of the time because everything seemed so beautiful. Pollyanna signed everything that we gave her. She sold her CDs and also signed them. She gave us cards for all the girls who couldn't go and she sang a verse of "We Will Meet Again" I hope that's the song, LOL. I hope that even though she said she sounded hoarse, I thought she sang wonderfully!

We took pictures of all of us, one by one and also with Laura and her Parents. Pollyanna opened the gifts that we gave her. She also posed for pictures.

We talked about everything and Pollyanna gave me a
acelet that had the DLF on it. A
acelet that since that day I am still wearing and I will NEVER take off. Then, Laura also gave me another DLF
acelet. They are SO BEAUTIFUL and they are my lucky charms.

It was a very intense moment that I will forever be grateful for! I will NEVER forget!

We gave Pollyanna all the gifts that we were supposed to give her, and she gave us other gifts to deliver.

When the time came to say, "good-bye" Vero joked with her even though at the beginning she thought it was for real. Bad Vero. Finally, we said good-bye to Pollyanna, even though we didn't want to. She wanted to see the rest of the place and we said, "Okay" There are lots of other details that I can talk about but I would not be able to finish. Others without a doubt are guarded in my memory and in my heart. All I have to say is, "Thank You Pollyanna!" and also, of course, thank you to Laura and her parents. When Pollyanna left, Vero recorded our impressions and I was saying, "No, I can't believe what just happened!!" But, in fact, it was all real!

After our meet and greet at McDonalds, we sat down and said, Okay, what are we going to do now? That all definitely made our day! We had to take advantage of this to the max! So, we said, "Lets go!"

We decided to go look for Howie. We obviously wanted to see him! We knew that he was on an excursion.

We started to trace Howie's path. The cab driver said, " I can take you exactly to where he is!" We were like, "NO WAY!" and then we were like, "okay, what are we waiting for?" So, we went incognito because Vero said that they would surely recognize us at the gate. Especially after we had created such a huge cele
ation outside. We finally got in and we saw the cruise ship and we said, "AHHHH!! It was awesome!!" but, in my humble opinion I like the glory from last year better. But, by night, it looked precious! Then, we received directions and all we had to do was wait...

We took lots of pictures. Picture of us and other things. After a while, I said, "what are we going to do when Pollyanna gets here?" Would she say, "You guys again?" then, a mini-van stopped almost in front of where we were. I said, "Is it Pollyanna?" and Yes, the first one to get out was Laura and she greeted me and said, "Hi there" I was like, "oh, hi!" So then I went and greeted them again and talked to them again. This time, I told them greeting from other members of the street team. Laura asked me some questions about her gift and where we had gone and all that other stuff. Very Cool! Call me crazy if you will but, I felt very comfortable with them, it was like being with family! ...I don't know, but I believe that they made us feel at home and we did that for them too. After a while Nan offered Pollyanna a beer.

Then, two more people came off the cruise ship and right away they were introduced to us. Finally! It was Pollyanna's sister Angie and a very lovely lady, their Aunt. We introduced ourselves and we also talked about various trivial things, you know. We also took more pics. They were very impressed by all of us and they were very grateful. Even with the Sphynkter Banner, they asked us to take it out. Although we have never been able to meet with AJ McLean, we have found Brian and all the rest... except AJ. I remember my Aunt, who is very curious called Howie. -and I'm not referring to the banner.

Well, after all that, they were very tired and decided to get back on the ship. And no sooner before we left, Pollyanna very excitedly said, "They are My Street Team!" I am very grateful to all of them!! They boarded. Then, all of the sudden a group of girls came to us and said, "Backstreet Boys!" and we were like, "Yes!" and the party started again with lots of pictures being taken but, this time it was pictures of US! hahahaha When we least thought of it, we noticed that they were all around us, taking pictures of us and the banners. One Pollyanna had signed and the one we were waiting for Howie to sign of Sphynkter.

I was VERY HAPPY and then I noticed all of my friends from online and they would say, "Ivonne?- are you Ivonne?" I was like, "That's ME!" It was
illiant! I was dying to meet all of them! I made new friends (my U.S.A Girls!) I will always be grateful!

I don't know how long it was but, we were talking for more than an hour and I was saying, God help me with my english so that they can understand me. I should say that I did understand you all and I had a wonderful time with all of you! Of coarse! Well, we talked about what we had just been through, up to the point to where we had met Pollyanna. They were showing us the video of the concert that they had recorded on the cruise. I felt at home again.

Time passed and Howie had not arrived. We knew he was coming and what he was coming in and how he was coming. Lori said, "Hey look, another van!" she ran over to see who it was so she could tell us. It wasn't moving, so we guessed it wasn't them. Then, another van came so she ran again, this time she took awhile. Then all of the sudden I saw everybody running to see! Janet said, "Run, run!" and I was like, "WHY?" When I got there, it was HOWIE! He was doing autographs. THANKS A MILLION LORI! She told him there was someone who wanted to see him, so Howie waited there for us. It was great! He signed autographs for all of us. He took pictures with all of us and we talked to him about a couple things.

I send a pair of greetings. It was intense! Everything was so intense! He took a picture with the "What the Hell?" banner we made and he also signed it. MISSION COMPLETED! We talked more about a few things. I gave the baseball caps to Johnny (Howie's
other) and he liked them. I should say that Johnny and Adam put them on and looked so good. I felt I had to say that. Howie, I can't even say...well, I said it didn't it?

I also appreciate aD because she treated everyone very well. I don't know how much time it was but it was a very intense moment. We also saw Mama and Papa D. Janet commented to me that this was Very GOOD! 100%

Howie left and he was saying, "good-bye." I am very grateful again to all my girls who also could have gotten on the ship with him, but they decided to stay outside with us to help. Thank You girls, you ROCK! I feel that they were also as emotional as we were. After that, we exchanged phone numbers and later we reaffirmed our promise! As Vero would say, Promises have to be kept that we will go on the ship next year!

Here I am, finishing my review of that day. I assure you that it will continure because so many other things have happened after this week. Today is one week exactly from then and I believe that my review will continue to occur in this same way.

I will not leave you without saying, "Thank You" and showing my appreciation to all the Doroughs, Laura and her Parents, Lori, Janet, Erika, Laura and Mel. Finally, to all those people who helped us in this adventure cause I am dying for it to happen again.

I learned many good things on this trip and I understood other things.

But, really, I will never get tired of showing my appreciation for all of you that helped this to happen and all that happened with us.

It was an authentic pleasure! I can't wait because this is just the beginning!

Thank You for everything!!

Ivonne

PS: A BIG THANKS! TO LAURA`S HOUSBAND WHO TRASLATE MY REVIEW THANKS! i/i
Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
ErikaMG

What a wonderful review, Ivonne!

I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to stay with you and the other ladies to make sure you saw Howie but I promised my husband some pictures of a Mexican sunset. He was so gracious enough to let me go on the cruise alone that I couldn't dissapoint his one request of me.

I'm so glad you understood and even more glad that the other ladies stayed behind to make sure your day was a memorable one.

Much love to you.

Erika i/i
Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

Hi Erika!

Don`t worry I understand and I hope u got the pics of the sunset! lol I really had a blast

Ivonne i/i
Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: