Pollyanna.netRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The 2005 DLF Cruise Adventures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General View previous topic
View next topic
The 2005 DLF Cruise Adventures
MzMcLean

Post Re: Re: Reply with quote
*sigh* Erika.. your review makes me wish even more I'd gone!!

HOPEFULLY 2006 will be my year!!

Glad you guys had such a wonderful time, and thakn you for all of you sharing it with us and making us feel we were there!!

Laurel i/i
Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ErikaMG

Laurel,

I'm not sure if the boat could handle ALL of us. LOL!

It would have been awesome to have you there too.

E i/i
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:34 am View user's profile Send private message
4givingangel

That was a great review, Erika. Very detailed, gave me a nice idea about what went on. I read a review from the cruise 2 years ago (?) that your friend Chloe sang on that one as well, and Howie was very impressed. Is she considering a record deal or music career, or does she already have a record deal? And, do you have a clip of her singing that you can post here? I love to hear other people's talent, so if she's the next big thing, I wanna be hear her too! And has Howie spoken to her seriously about her talent? I'm just curious is all. Didn't mean for this to be so long, but I'm just interested. Well, take care!

-Terri i/i
Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

FINALLY I WROTE MY REVIEW BUT I NEED MOREE TIME TO TRASLATE IT U KNOW I TALK SPANISH SO ENGLISH IT`S A LITTLE HARD FOR ME

BUTTT HERE I LET U A LOT OF PIKS WHEN WE MET POLLYANNA, LAURA AND HER PARENTS AT CALICA

EMJOY IT!

´

i/i
Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
nursebsb

Wow, those are great pix. I see Laura in one of the pix, Laura, is that your parents with you?

arlene i/i
Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

HI ARLENE!

YES! IS LAURA AND HER PARENST... POLLYANNA, LAURA, LAURA`S PARENTS AND ME i/i
Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
GinaAJsAmulet

Great pics and reviews!

Laura- you look just like your Mom!!

Ivonne, can I ask, how did you get to the ship? I remember we had to pass a security gate to get to the ship...however you did it, YOU ROCK! I was so happy to see you finally, even if it was a quick, "hi, I'm Laura" and a hug. You were surrounded by people and I'm sure a bit overwhelmed. When we got on the ship, we looked overboard to see if you met Howie. We were SO HAPPY that you all met Pollyanna and Howie D!

I remember that McDonalds in Calica Mexico too! LMAO

A cheese burger costs $490!!!!!!!!

GREAT PICS! i/i
Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
julia

hello dear ivonne.nice picture!!you are alls looking great!!thank s for share!!happy new year and good year to alls !! julia i/i
Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:16 am View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

Hiiii!!!

First of all yes! Laura look`s like her mum and I need to say that She and her parents are just a really great persons, was a pleasure met them!

About the ship and how we did it well it`s a really longgg history!! I will try to xplain u cuz u know, my english isn`t really good.

Before we met Pollyanna, Laura and Laura`s parents we said "Ok here we are, the last we can do it`s go again to Calica and wait outside a Howie`s car... Waiting If he can say hi or something... We taked a car and the driver told us... "Where u will go?" and we said "To Calica Sr." and he told us if we had our ID`s of the cruise and we told him that we didn`t... That we will wait outside and he told us NOOOOO Why? If I can let u inside!! and we all was like WHATTTTT?? He said "Yes!" Just don`t do anything and be quiet of course we said ok!

I was really scare guys cuz i was thinking like "NO NO HE WILL CAN`T!" And more cuz like u saw when we was outiside we had the big posters and all that there and the security knew us but we`ve try to be so cool and kind with them so..

When we arrive again at Calica the driver told us ok ok don`t worry When we arrive where the security was I was like praying and saying please please we can we can ... I dont know how but we did it!! When we let the security back of us all us was like YES!!!! When i saw the ship i was like WOWWWW THATS A REALLY HUGEEEE SHIP! And thats how we did it... I was soooo glad with the driver cuz for him thats why i can say that we met Howie and Pollyanna again... U know? i was very worry about when Pollyanna and Laura will see us again they will like WHAT ARE U DOING HERE AGAIN? but they was so sweet with us...

After i saw u guys and u Laura!! I was really happy to met u all! and u know? the true i was scare too cuz i was thinking like "God they dont understand me" I was very happy to see a lot of Backstreet Fans there and more cuz all u guys helped us soooo much was like heard "GO GIRLS U CAN!"

Finally we did it!! U know? when i was inside of Calica i was thinking about all and for a moment i said "Ok if u can`t see Howie, doesn`t matter u saw Pollyanna and was great! Was more than that u could imagine!" I really love her! I had a blast!! But after i said "God i wanna see Howie too" and I think God heard my request cuz I saw him! I`m still really happy for all... I mean cuz i met a really cool ppl I mean u Laura and all the girls... And of course cuz i saw again Pollyanna and Howie and i met Laura and her parents... That day was like my perfect day cuz before of the travel i was thinking about if all will be ok and was more than that! I can`t xplain I`m just so happy and gald with all u

Finally I just wanna say again...

THANK YOU!

Thanks to all u guys, thanks to Laura and her parents and Thanks to all the Dorough Family cuz they was really sweet and cool with all us and of course

THANK U POLLYANNA!

Ivonne

PS: PLEASE FORGIVE ALLLLLLLLL MY MISTAKES! I know i should got a million of them! lol i/i
Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

Thanks Julia! U know? Met Pollyanna was the perfect Christmas gift! i/i
Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
julia

hello ivonne. oh yes i agree! i/i
Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
GinaAJsAmulet

Ivonne!! What a great story! That was an awesome driver to get you guys past the security check. It's amazing how it all fell into place. Well, keep in touch, hopefully you'll go on the next DLF Cruise. That would be too much fun! I'm hoping to go on the next cruise too, but only time will tell.

CONGRATULATIONS again on meeting Pollyanna and Howie-

Your pictures are AMAZING! I love the way that Howie is wearing a cap because his hair must have been a mess from 4 wheeling and snorkeling. Pollyanna looked amazing as always.

We saw her get off the ship, but not back on. It was a fun HOT day of shopping.

HAPPY NEW YEAR- 2006!

Laura i/i
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

Yes Laura!!! The driver was awesome! And at the night he taked us back to the hotel and he was like "show me the video and the piks!" and we was like SUREEEEEEEE hahaha he was really cool!!!

I will keep in touch, and you too please! I`m sure u will be at the cruise the next year u know? Im starting to save money!! But first i need to save just in case if the guys back on tour to Mexico and after for the cruise!!! Do u know when will be the next?

I hope can talk soon with u!!

About Howie he look really sexy at the piks and Pollyanna really cute!! They are rocks!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Ivonne i/i
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
GinaAJsAmulet

Post My DLF Cruise "Review" :) Reply with quote

My DLF Cruise Review-

WOW! Where to begin? I was going to write a day by day review, but it would take me SO LONG because so much happened everyday! LOL so, I'll just give the cliff notes.

(*Mama D and Papa D-*)

AMAZING couple and very funny! After the DLF Auction, Dee, Cathy, Melissa, Jennifer and I were standing outside the room talking to Mama D. She was telling us that it's very important for Lupus Survivors to get into a support group. I think the DLF now has one. Bless them! She was wearing a BEAUTIFUL beaded shawl... red and black, just gorgeous! She said that Howie bought it for her in his travels. He has really good taste! We asked her about Papa D and how he's healing, she did a cute sassy face and said, "ohh, he's a NEW man!" That was VERY funny and adorable!

Another time, Howie was on stage for the auction and they were auctioning off a spa massage with Howie, Howie starting singing in a low voice, "Let's Get It ON!!" and in the back of the room you could hear Hoke say, "HEY! You're Mom's BACK HERE!" LOL

Hoke looked very well! He truly is a STRONG man to be sailing just after surgery. I can only imagine it must have been wonderful for Howie to see his Dad again.

(*Angie-*)

Where does she get her energy? And always SO NICE to everyone! Some people were pretty stressed, but not Angie... not that I saw. For me, the DLF events ran smoothly and I had an amazing time!! I can't wait to go back! (hugs for Chelsea too) One night at the club, we were sitting on these bar stools around the dance floor across from Angie. Angie was relaxing and having a good time watching the dancers on the dance floor when all of the sudden some of the girls turned to Angie and started chanting, "Go Angie, Go Angie..." and we all joined in. Howie was DJ'ing at the time and he heard the chant and said, "Hey, don't hurt my sister!!" *lol* Angie, bless her heart, went out on the dance floor and started dancing with Pollyanna. What a great time! They can show Howie some moves! *wink* It was so good to see them out there having a good time. That's the thing with the Doroughs, they make you feel like you have been welcomed to their party.

(*Pollyanna-*)

Just beautiful. I was SO HAPPY that Pollyanna sang my FAVORITE song: "We Will Meet Again" if you don't have her new CD, you can get it at www.Pollyanna.net She really belts it out on that song! As much as she "sangs" that song on the CD, to hear her LIVE and she put even MORE feeling into it... just OUTSTANDING! For the concert, you could really feel the love that Pollyanna has for her little
other Howie D. She called him, "Howard" when she introduced him, so when he got on stage, he said, "Howie... Polly!" and she goes, "PollyANNA!" Classic!! Pollyanna wore a stunning purple gown for the concert and she really looked great. When Pollyanna and Howie sang, "Fly to Heaven".. good gravy, I could NOT hold in my tears. I hate that! I try so hard not to cry when I hear it, but I just can't help it. For me, it
ought Caroline into my heart and she stood there the whole cruise. I was honored to be there. (hugs for Caroline, please give to the DLF whenever you can) Howie and Pollyanna also sang us some Christmas songs!! Pollyanna did this hilarious dance at the beginning of the Christmas Song, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and she gave us a new phrase for 2006, "It's ALL Good!" There is a part of the song where it says something like, "friends are near to us...." and Pollyanna would point at the whole room. Like I said, they make you feel like you are so welcomed.

We saw Pollyanna get off the ship in Calica, Mexico. She was with some fans and they caught a cab into the city. UGH! The line to get a cab was INSANE! It felt like 110degrees in Mexico.. in DECEMBER! I live in Florida and this was HOT for ME! While we were waiting in the line from Hades, I went to this little stand to buy some water and they were OUT! Can you belive that? BUT, they had plenty of Coronas! LMAO.. that's all I needed was a mexican beer at 10am with the heat of 110! Gotta love it! Pollyanna met some of the fans who drove 25 hours to see the ship dock for Pollyanna and Howie. I believe they met at McDonalds just where the cabs let you off in the City. Hamburgers cost $450!! That was pretty cool to see.

From what my friend Ivonne said, Pollyanna was VERY sweet and signed things for them. She also met them near the ship too.

My roommate Dee and I were shopping for Christmas presents on the ship, there is a store were everything is $10. OMG, the jewelry in there was AWESOME! I did alot of Christmas shopping for myself in there! LOL Pollyanna and Mama D were shopping in there too. It was a very small store that could only fit about 7 people in there. If we spent $100 in that store, we were entered into a drawing to win $500 worth of Jewlry from another jewelry shop. Needless to say, Me, Dee, Pollyanna and Mama D all were entered into the drawing!

At 4pm that day, they had the drawing in another Jewlery shop but...we didn't win. I saw Laura (Pollyanna's Assistant) in there too. I was hoping to spend more time with her...hopefully, the next cruise will be longer, because there were so many I'd really like to sit down with and talk too. With 4 days, you pretty much had to stick with who you were with and give a quick, "hello" and hug to others.

Pollyanna was QUEEN of the dance club! She wore a cute pink dress and danced all night! She would dance with so many fans too. She would turn one way, dance, turn around and dance. I hope lots of new fans were made.

(*Laura-*)

Happy Birthday to you! It was great to see Laura again. She sold Pollyanna's CDs at the Meet and Greet and I hope they sold many!! I only got to see her at the meet and greet, but it was like no time had passed.

(*Howie D-*)

DOES HE EVER QUIT?! We saw him on the first day of the cruise. There were cruisers waiting outside the room where we were going to get our "welcome packets and schedules." My roomie and I went to our room for something and when we came back we saw Howie, Adam and John standing outside the elevator. They looked at us like deer in headlights!

Dee goes, "Hey!" and I said, "Hey, I know You!" and we smiled, waved and kept walking. They were very sweet and did the same to us. Looking back, I wish we would have taken a picture with them, BUT, I didn't want to come across and a 'hounder' on the first day. So, we left them alone. PLUS, the smile and wave was priceless. Howie looks FABULOUS!!!

The concert was amazing. I was VERY IMPRESSED with Howie's voice! He sang all of the guys parts on the BSB Songs and NAILED THEM! I'm so not kidding! He had his sisters hand us all some white roses that said, "My Heart Stays With You- Howie D" Ahhhhh!!!! During the Christmas song, Howie sang very low. I've never heard him sing so low and I have to say....YOWSERS!! I understand that with a 5 part harmony group, someone has to sing the high notes, BUT, Howie should sing some low parts every now and then...he really sounds hot! Anyway, the "Boys" would have been proud of Howie, he did EVERY song justice!

At the meet and greet, Howie stood on stage will ALL of us took pictures with him. Smile after smile after smile... and I'll be he looks perfect in everyone's pictures. LOL It was $25 for the pictures and we are going to get them mailed to us. When I went on stage, I asked if I could take a picture with Pollyanna and Howie and they did. I told Howie, "you're getting back at us aren't you?"... he looked at me concerned and goes, "why?" I told him, "making us come on stage in front of everyone to take a picture with you!" and he said, "Yep! *laugh* now you know how it feels!!" I hugged him and Pollyanna gave me (as well as all the cruisers) a beanie baby bear. We took the picture and Adam showed it to me, Howie and Pollyanna. I don't like myself in pictures, so I kind of made an "ugh" sound. Howie goes, "what's wrong, you don't like it?" I told him I liked it, just not ME in the picture. To that he said, (MY FAVORITE QUOTE I WILL PROBABLY NEVER HEAR HOWIE SAY TO ME AGAIN!!LOL)

"Let's do it again, 'cause I want you to like it!" *PERK-FAINT!* I'm so bad right? So, we took another picture and I hope it came out nice.

The auction was so much fun and ALOT of money was raised!! *BRAVO!* My roomie bidded on a picture fold-out of some sorts with all of the BSB signatures on it, but she got outbid. There were so many cool things auctioned off. My friend Jan got Howie's shirt!! He put it on for her and signed it. *WAY TO GO JAN!* Congratulations to all the bidders! It was very exciting! Next cruise, I'm in the game! One woman in the crowd kept hollaring demands to Howie like, "take it off!!", "put it on!!" etc... so finally he snapped and goes, (while pointing at her) "YOU put it on!" and something like, "yeah, yeah yeah..." I ROLLLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone bid on getting Adam to sit at their table for Dinner and Howie was like, "wait! we're not bidding on Adam here." There was ALOT of humor and it was a fun night that went over time and into the evening.

DJ HOWIE D!! Disco night on the ship was alot of fun, the dance floor was FULL! Howie played, "This is How We Do It" (this is HOWIE do it!) and sang that part everytime the verse came on. My roomate Dee and I were sitting at the bar surrounding the dance floor when we heard Howie say, "Happy Birthday Dee!" we looked at eachother like, "WHA?!" It was Dee's birthday and we were FLOORED to hear him say that! *HUGS* to Cathy and Dayna!! YOU ROCK!!!!... a little bit later the Cruise DJ goes, "I want to wish everyone cele
ating their birthdays a very happy birthday!" and Howie screamed into the mic, "DEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

VERY FLIPPIN' COOL!!! We ran over to the DJ booth and Dee tapped on the window and blew Howie a kiss and said, "Thank You" Howie did his classic wink and blew her a kiss back.

(*Cruisers-*)

Delores (roomie!), Liz, Cathy, Jennifer, Melissa, Dayna, Julie, Jan, Arlene, Mandy, Mel, Jockyln, Amy, Su, Lori, Chloe, Erika, Janet, Kim, Michelle, Kim, Karen, Melissa, Laura, Pollyanna, Howie, Adam, John, Mama D, Hoke, Angie, Deven, Mark *wink*, Marco, ....and SO MANY OTHERS I wanted to meet!!!!!! I had a BLAST! Till Next Cruise!

(I promise my pictures are coming soon! I still have to get them developed, but, I don't remember taking that many pics though. lol)

-Laura

PS: forgot about MARCO:

There was this guy outside of the Meet and Greet named Marco.

He was adorable!! He was giving out free shots of liquor and loving every minute of it! (we weren't complaining either! ) He was a younger guy and he asked us who we were waiting in line for. We told him we were waiting for Howie from the Backstreet Boys. He goes, "who is this Huey?! He should not make you ladies wait! Let me talk to Huey!"

LMAO-- we kept telling him "H O W I E" but he insisted on "Huey!"

I believe Marco was Italian. He was quite the charmer! i/i
Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
IVONNE OBLEA

Post Re: My DLF Cruise "Review" :) Reply with quote
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

It`s a really really great review!!! Def i will try to go the next cruise! Could u belive? I understood all ur review!!

I saw a lot of piks but i wanna see urs!! I love when Pollyanna call Howie Howard and when he call her Polly!! just love it!!!

Calica was really HOTTTTTTT I live on the city and here it`s cold a bit but Calica was really really HOT!! Was a pleasure met all u there!!

Pollyanna and Howie was really nice with us! I just had a blast!!! I just still cant belive! lol

Deeee!! OMG!! Girl HAPPY BIRTHDAY! lol

I just love ur review Laura!!!

Ivonne

PS: Adam is really cute! i/i
Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: