Pollyanna.netRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
OT: New perspective...

Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General View previous topic
View next topic
OT: New perspective...
4givingangel

Post OT: New perspective... Reply with quote
Hi, everyone. Things are going a little slower than I want as far as my book deal, but I am being as patient as I possibly can. It's hard considering my head is full of
ight ideas! Anyway, I was really depressed last night over the many unanswered questions I have about things that have happened to me, and I was about to go to sleep when my mother came in and asked me to play her a song (on my keyboard piano). Still feeling downhearted, I told her I didn't have anything prepared, even though I have been composing for about two years. She insisted that I play her something, and I did. She was like "whoa. Now who's song was THAT?" lol And I looked at her and said "It's mine. I wrote it." Her eyes bugged out and she said "Are you serious? YOU wrote that??" lol Her tone of voice turned serious and she told me that I really need to do something with my gift and get my foot in the right doors. She offered to support my efforts as soon as she is able to, and I was taken aback by her enthusiasm. I don't showcase my talent to a lot of people, so their shock also shocks me! lol It's still hard for me to accept such compliments because of the negative feedback I've gotten from other people, mainly my father. I know I am gifted, but sometimes people can say such mean things and totally ruin my confidence. I know the main problem is that he's bitter that he didn't make it far in the music industry, so I guess he doesn't believe I can either. Fortunately (sorry to say), I won't have to live under the same roof with him for much longer, so I'll be more free then. After that long talk with my mom, I decided that I'm going to keep going forth with my aspirations and not spend anymore time beating myself up over other people's negativity and/or hatefulness. I know I'm here to accomplish great things, and I won't stop until I reach them. So... that's all I wanted to share. God bless you all and have a prosperous week!

-Terri i/i
Mon May 09, 2005 3:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Solcita

Post Re: OT: New perspective... Reply with quote
Can you post a mp3 or something of you playing and singing?

i/i

Wed May 11, 2005 6:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
4givingangel

My mom and I had discussed that; I think I could...as soon as I learn how. I'm not that computer savvy, but I think there's a way for me to at least get it on CD. Thanks for your interest! Oh, and by the way, I just want to add that, in response to other recent posts (about people who dominate the board with several posts that have nothing to do with Pollyanna), I am in no way trying to take the spotlight off of her. I respect her and would like a music career like hers. I just want to clear that up just in case someone might think I'm trying to get attention. lol Hopefully one day I'll have my own "board" and I can promote myself on it.

-Terri i/i
Thu May 12, 2005 2:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
4givingangel

By the way, I have to add: I just found out that I don't have an mp3 player. Do you know of another way I could put the music online (oh, and I have just piano music for right now).

-Terri i/i
Fri May 13, 2005 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Solcita

First of all, it's pretty clear it's not your case about the taking the spothlight off Pollyanna...

Then, about the MP3 thingie.

If you already have your music on CD (audio cd) then you have to get a CD ripper. You can get it at download.com which is all legal download thingie...

Then follow the instructions. You'll convert your CD into MP3 files. Then you can upload it at any free server you'd like... there's a page I never use but it seems good: yousendit or something like that... Hope it helps, if you need more help let me know i/i

Fri May 13, 2005 9:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
4givingangel

Thank you so much, hun! That is really helpful! I'll get to work on that as soon as possible!

-Terri i/i
Sat May 14, 2005 10:27 am View user's profile Send private message
YoYoDfan

Good luck!

i/i
Sat May 21, 2005 7:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
4givingangel

Thanks, Kim! i/i
Sun May 22, 2005 5:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Pollyanna.net Forum Index » General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: